1. Cut apple in half and place on
cutting board. Make 2 diagonal cuts,
angling the knife to form a small
wedge. Place in lemon juice.
2. Cut out four more wedges, each 1/4 inch wider
than the previous
wedge; place in lemon juice.
3. Place wedges together and gently move each
slice to form layers.
1. Trim root and green top. For single
brush, slash top 2 inches
repeatedly. For double brush,
slide a ring of red chili pepper
on onion and slash both ends.
2. Chill in ice water for at least 1 hour.
and Daikon Knot
1. Cut carrot and daikon into 6 x
1/4-inch strips. Soak in solution
of 2 cups water and 2 tablespoons
salt until pliable.
2. Make a loop with a carrot strip. Weave daikon
carrot loop and pull ends to secure.
1. Place tomato stem side down. Cut
skin across top and about
two-thirds down sides. Repeat
three more time to make eight
2. Carefully lift tips of petals and separate
skin from flesh
Wok For All Seasons (KQED Books)
Copyright Yan Can Cook, Inc. 1988
Buy this book
wonderful cookbooks by Martin Yan from his official online store
and Martin will send it to you autographed!